Customer & Product Success
We are an early EdTech startup at the nexus of Mental Health, Communication, and Education. Today, education is reeling from an inability to catch addressable student needs before they escalate to costly outcomes like truancy, academic disengagement, and self-harm, In fact, 70% of students have unmet mental health needs. Emote uses school-wide communication to predict who needs support and when in real-time.
need short-term customer support and
can offer an incredible growth opportunity for the right candidate (and probably a nervous breakdown for the wrong one!).
About the Role
Get experience in a fast-moving startup, develop expertise in EdTech, build connections in Silicon Valley and work with the entire founding team on a variety of projects.
The Critical Need: We need the right person to help support customer success.
The Growth Opportunity: If interested you can also help shape the product, manage a full-stack dev team and/or build our customer strategy.
As the Customer & Product Success Lead, you are Emote’s ambassador and owner of the customer experience. You are most successful when your schools are successful in implementing Emote. Successful interns will have priority for a full-time position when we begin hiring in July.
These are the bread-and-butter of your day-to-day contribution to Emote.
Take the lead in setting up new schools
Have you ever wore something that’s actually one-size-fits-all… yea, neither have we. When new schools start, we personalize Emote to make sure there’s a snug fit.
- Listen to the specific needs of each school
- Turn unstructured school data into structured data to import into Emote’s database
- Customize Emote so it fits a school’s needs
Support the long-term success of schools
Your life is in their hands… I mean their life is in your hands =). Because we have an early product, catching issues and encouraging usage are critical.
- Check in periodically with schools
- Be the first responder to resolve issues when users have questions
- Proactively identify issues
- Advocate for educators in product prioritization meetings
- Work with our engineers to diagnose tough problems
Everything you touch has room for improvement. Our collaborative users and extensive engineering resources make this an amazing opportunity to make a substantial impact.
Customer success strategy
- Create support material for frequently asked questions
- Iteratively improve school set-up process with every new school
- Leverage automation (Zapier, Intercom, Mailchimp, etc.) to scale your impact
- Support the full design process: define, research, ideate, prototype, choose, implement, and learn
- Guide & support a full-stack engineering team
- Work with our engineers and technical advisors (from FB and Netflix!) to develop our first data pipeline for setting up a school
Coming into the ground floor of a startup isn’t easy, we don’t have a playbook or the time to hand-hold, but an individual with the right set of skills and interest will thrive.
What you’ll bring to Emote
Need to have
- Empathetic to the needs and challenges of educators
- A natural communicator and relationship builder
- Able to manipulate data - so you can mold unstructured school data into organized CSV files (Intermediate Excel skills is fine!)
- Organized and thorough - you’ll need to support multiple schools and manage processes
- Independent and fast learner who takes initiative
Great to have
- Strong analytical skills to distil insight from data
- Interest in product management and/or design
- Experience working in K-12 education
Position: Customer success
Term: 3 months
Location: Oakland, CA
Job Application Form
To apply, upload a resume and cover letter describing your interest in joining our team and your professional qualifications for the position. If you have any questions please contact Julian Golder at Julian@emotenow.com
We are strongly committed to hiring a multicultural staff that is diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status and/or disability. In particular, we seek to employ a staff that reflects the diversity of our student body. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).